Daily routines are the habits that act as the building blocks to shape a productive day. These habits and routines drive us towards our goals. And they also motivate us to achieve more in less time. A good daily routine of student sets the right mood and momentum to plan a high-performance day. It allows a student to prioritize tasks in order to manage his/her time and energy effectively.
Most of us try to create a healthy and balanced lifestyle. But again, it can be a tough task to establish everything in a daily routine. And stick to the daily plan all the time. Especially for students, routines, and structures are imperative to jumpstart a day. Because these habits help them to make the right use of time, in order to study and spare time for leisure as well.
Here’s a look at some effective and practical tips for daily schedules.
5 Benefits of a Daily Routine for Students
1.Helps in Being Organized
Setting a daily routine time table helps students to know, and understand the entire day plan well in advance. This gives them more time to prepare for each task/activity planned during the day. And eventually makes them more organized. Other than this advantage, being organized also allows more time for personal interests and hobbies.
2. Reduces Stress Levels
Stress is a common problem among students in India. And the recent example is the increase in their stress levels due to the pandemic disruption. A survey shows that 25% of students experienced average stress levels. 6% experienced severe stress. And 45% experienced mild stress.
Simple activities like maintaining a dairy called ‘my daily routine’ can reduce everyday stress levels. This is an incredible solution for students to battle with everyday stress. And an equally effective method to improve their mental health despite a hectic lifestyle.
3. Brings Down the Cognitive Load
Establishing a daily routine of student also reduces the cognitive load (the functioning and use of memory resources). Research has proved that the tasks performed with less conscious thoughts do not add to one’s cognitive load. Habits, structures, or plans can make things easy and seamless. And the best part is that one can easily connect one activity/task with the other to optimize results.
4. Improves Self-Awareness
Eminent psychologists and speakers have reiterated the importance of self-awareness in improving one’s quality of life. Self-awareness is highly empowering as a crucial life skill. And by establishing practical routines, students can find time to introspect and reflect upon their real selves and their thought processes to be more self-aware.
5. Keeps the Body and Mind Healthy
Eating the right food is not the only way to keep one’s health intact. It also requires a planned approach to carry on daily activities to ensure sound mental and emotional health. Daily routine of student supports perfect day planning with enough scope for all other things that hold importance.
Let’s explore more about the importance of creating these schedules for traditional/online school students.
What is the Importance of Establishing a Daily Routine for Students?
A daily routine time table helps the child to understand the importance of all the tasks. In this way, it helps the child to develop a balanced approach towards life. And also motivates to complete all tasks on time. Another great advantage is that the daily routine of a student at home is a fantastic way of keeping the child away from the habits of procrastination.
Children who know the importance of schedules are also likely to stay consistent and well-planned even in adulthood. They are also likely to be more productive adults. And have the potential to be great professionals with superior time management abilities.
What Is a Daily Routine of a School Student?
In general, a student’s daily plan starts with getting good sleep (recommended hours i.e. 7 to 8). The first part of the plan (around 6: 30AM) is obviously devoted to the morning chores (cleaning, washing, and dressing up, etc.). Breakfast time depends on whether the child prepares it himself/herself or if someone else is willing to prepare it.
Post the breakfast preparation, the student takes the first meal of the day. And leaves for school or attends an online class. After school hours around 2:00 PM or so, the student heads back home and takes the next meal. For many student’s afternoon time is good for a quick nap. And the early evening time is again devoted to homework followed by some play time.
The day ends with some leisure activity like watching TV or consuming content through a streaming platform. Before gaining to bed many students also read a book. And this is where the day ends.
Most daily schedules seem quite similar for many students. But again, there is still scope to make it more productive through some effective strategies.
How to Establish a Healthy Routine for a Student?
You can plan a realistic daily routine of student by segregating all important tasks into the following headers:
- Daily chores
- Self-study duration
Here’s a quick example of a daily routine time table for a school-going child.
Wake up and morning activities
A simple schedule like this can be used to help your child manage his/her time effectively. However, we can further make use of some tips to boost productivity.
Effective Tips to Boost a Student’s Productivity:
- Plan fun activities on weekends/holidays to get your child into the habit of getting up early even when there is no school.
- Nurture a habit of reaching all places in advance to avoid any late coming or procrastinating tendencies.
- Get the child into the habit of jotting important points, such as to-do lists or checklists.
- Reinforce good behavior related to daily schedules. And never forget to appreciate sincere efforts.
- Never force skipping breaks or cut down on leisure hours to chase more productivity. This can lead to a negative approach to following schedules.
- Do not make adjustments (for unforeseen situations) a habit for the child.
- Involve the child in discussions related to these schedules.
- Do not imitate anyone’s schedule. And firmly stick to what goes well with your family.
- Take time to understand and be open to changes if your child finds it difficult to follow your plans.
The Need to Plan the Daily Routine of a Student at Home
The pandemic has aggravated the pace of the eLearning industry. As a result, online schooling, distance learning, and hybrid learning are now quite popular among Indian students.
Let’s look at a brief outline of the eLearning industry facts[P2] (India):
As of 2020:
- India had 700 million internet users.
- The eLearning industry’s market size was estimated to be around $735 million.
- By the year 2025, the industry is expected to grow 8 to 10 times.
- The number of active EdTech setups was 4,530 with 435 of these founded between 2018-2020.
- The value of the Indian online education market was 39 billion (in Rupees) in 2018. The same is estimated to be 360 billion by the year 2024.
How to Plan the Daily Activities of a Student at Home?
Online schooling or self-studying options can be highly productive if we know how to make the most of these formats. You can create a planner for students who study from home. And to help them stay away from procrastination. Try to make use of simple tools such as Google Calendar, reminders, to-do lists, checklists, positive reinforcement techniques, etc.
Routines are essential to make the most of our time and energy. Simple habits of creating daily routine of student can be a powerful support to your parenting journey. We hope this write-up helped you to gain valuable insights about creating these schedules. And their importance in a student’s life.
We all know that creating and following schedules certainly calls for dedication, commitment, and adherence. But many times, we need to remind ourselves that the actual key to make these plans a success is CONSISTENCY!
Thanks for Reading!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the benefits of a daily routine?
Daily plans/schedules improve one’s efficiency and productivity. These are also helpful in reducing everyday stress levels. And make the individual happier and more self-aware.
- How to create a healthy routine for a student?
A good routine must balance the time of sleep, food, study, recreation, and some buffer time slots to make up for any unforeseen circumstances.
- How to manage the daily routine of a student at home?
Parents/caregivers must take extra efforts to ensure that the child’s sleep, self-study, homework, and playtime is managed well. It is important to create practical schedules. And stick to it without too much leverage.
- What are some good daily activities for students?
Activities like yoga, meditation, music, dancing, swimming, skating, and sports et. are quite helpful for students in most age groups.
- Good Touch Bad Touch How to Tell Your Kids the Difference
- Reading Skill: What is It and How to Build Reading Skills?
- Online Education: What is it & How Does it Work in 2023
- Guide to Finding the Perfect Online Home schooling in India
- Talking Back: What is it and How to Deal with It (Proven Way)
- Top 10 Online Learning Platforms in India 2023
- Amazing Benefits of having a Good Handwriting
- Online Teaching: Everything You Need to Know in 2023